Monday, October 6, 2014

Portsmouth, NH


So today I've been to three states. Not everyday that you can say that, right? We hopped in a cute Mini Cooper that we got from Zip Car and drove to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. It's only about fifty miles from Boston so we decided to go for the day since it's one of Brigid's favorite towns. And now I see why – a super quiche, small, brick town on the water.













As a West coaster, the idea of driving fifty miles and being in the same state is normal, especially in California. So when we got a suggestion to check out Union Lobster, a small place on an island between in New Hampshire and Maine, I was instantly intrigued.








You walk across a bridge and you're in a new state...say what?? 




Anyways, mouth gaping aside, we ordered two cups of amazing clam chowdaaaa and two large lobster rolls. Our fourth roll of the trip and easily the best. We sat outside on the cute picnic tables and chairs overlooking the water. I have to admit, I did feel somewhat guilty watching fishermen out in the water dropping lobster nets into the water as I was eating one, but I guess it's better that what I was nommin' on was so local and fresh right? Let's just call it sustainable, for my peace of mind.







 Bellies stuffed, back over the bridge we went, to New Hampshire. 







...and on that note, we hopped back in the Mini and headed back to Boston to meet a friend for dinner! Sad to be leaving tomorrow, I've really enjoyed spending a solid amount of time in New England, exploring a part of the country that I had never been to before. 

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment