Monday, November 18, 2013

Brussels Days 1&2


Thursday afternoon I took the train to Brussels to see Sophie and explore Belgium, a country I'd never been to before. I settled into her cozy apartment, unpacked, and made dinner, then wasted no time and were immediately out the door to try some Belgium beer!


Le Grand Place





So this happened…


We had a good laugh and ended up snacking on some frites with samurai sauce! 



The next morning we started our day off properly: visiting a bakery to grab a quiche and nutella beignets…who knew those existed?




heaven




While this lovely lady went to class, I got lost on my way to the museums & happily explored the city.



Once I found the museum, I spent the entire time in the Magritte Museum. 




Soph came to meet me to cover the rest of the museum, which I also thoroughly enjoyed.








Afterwards, we headed downtown and had to get some waffles on our way.










After walking around and doing a bit of window shopping, we popped into an oyster bar to sneak out of the cold.




The man who served us told us he's been working there for 50 years. We had the place to ourselves and were two happy chicas when we walked out.






We headed home to freshen up, nap, and then back out for a traditional dinner of moules-frites at Scheltema.


crab & lobster ravioli 


my lovely date


sorry for the poor quality on some of these pics-only had the phone at some points- but you get the gist. A huge steaming pot of mussels smothered in white wine sauce and some veggies accompanied by a trough of crispy fries. Delish!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment