Monday, November 11, 2013

Models & Burgers


Since living in London, I've noticed Londoners get into the holiday spirit really early–I'm talking Christmas decorations on shelves on Halloween. But it makes sense since obviously, Thanksgiving isn't celebrated here. So I finally accepted this and decided to ring in the holiday season on Saturday evening. Mary and I decided to get into the spirit and check out the lighting of Regent Street with a fashion show & fireworks. The annual celebration of turning on the lights on Regent Street has been a tradition since 1948, officially marking the start of the Christmas season in London. 




As if we weren't already drooling, Calvin Klein just had to have an underwear model appear...



"Are those painted on?"- Mary


before


after!


After the fireworks we tucked into a pub while waiting for our table at Carnaby Burger Co.


I'm officially a guy.


BBQ Burger with bacon


bacon cheese fries 
(probably 3 of my favorite things in life combined)


I think our waiter was a bit shocked that two girls just ordered such a hearty meal since he discouraged us to get the bacon mac & cheese appetizer, claiming, "that's a lot of food". It's safe to say we waddled back to the tube. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment