Friday, December 5, 2014

Baker Miller


FINALLY! Lincoln Square has a new addition to the neighborhood and I crossed it off my list yesterday morning. Baker Miller, Chicago's first "grain-centric" sweet and savory bake-house,  offers baked goods and other items that are made with non-GMO grains. As a San Franciscan, finding places in Chicago with this sustainable mindset is not as easy as you would think, so I'm more than thrilled to have this spot within steps from my apartment. The interior of the bakery/mill house is welcoming and friendly and the staff are all pleasantly kind. I love the art hanging on the walls and wanted to take more photos of the pieces, but didn't want to be that obnoxious girl with a camera intruding on people enjoying their breakfast.


Initially I thought this spot was solely a bakery joint, specializing in the incredible pies I've been hearing about. BUT it's not, in fact, Baker Miller is much more. They have a seasonal breakfast menu, which we sampled here. Limited, but delicious. Jaclyn and I shared the grain bowl, a sausage link, and a delicious baked good.





caught Jac Instagramming

(We devoured that delicious Big Fork Black Pepper Sausage before I had time to snap a photo)


this beauty is a sourdough cinnamon roll... heaven. 


The Grain Bowl: 
preserved cherries, roasted pumpkin, sheep's milk feta, a softboiled egg, and cilantro piled on top of delicious Baker Miller cracked soft winter wheat.

You probably saw this on my Insta (@fincerty) already, but go give Baker Miller a follow @bakermillerchi

Baker Miller is really a great space and other people should catch on to what they've got goin on. I'm so happy to see them in our hood.


Happy Friday!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment