Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Flower Crowns


Flower Crowns seem to be the go-to accessory for summer music festivals and outdoor events. I had not given much thought to the trend since my high school forced us to wear dainty daisy crowns at the end of each year for graduation ceremonies, the idea had been slightly tainted.


 But I've decided to give them a try after being inspired by some gorgeous crowns I've seen floating around. This D.I.Y. is quite simple, just gather some floral wire, a pair of scissors, and fake or fresh flowers, your choice! (I would never ever ever buy or recommend fake flowers in any instance, but since I wore my crown to Outside Lands, I went with fake flowers in case I lost it or something happened to it).



Measure enough wire to fit around your head–I suggest making it a little snug so it stays on firmly. If you're using fake flowers, wrap wire around the base of the flower and attach it to the crown. Another trick can be stringing wire through the center of the flower if there is an opening. You can add as many or as little as you like, whatever size and color. It's also up to you if you'd like the flowers to go completely around your crown or if you prefer them only in the front, like mine.



all done! 



my next venture will be with these bad boys

How do you feel about flower crowns?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment