Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Palermo










(couldn't help but think of my dear ol dad when we walked past the numerous olive stands. Sicilian olives are a staple in our family, with or without the garlic!)











how cute was our flat! 

Here are some shots from my trip to Sicily at the end of last month with my two friends. Being Sicilian, I soaked up the colors, sun, and hospitality that makes up my heritage. My friends and I enjoyed a long weekend exploring the Southern island of Italy, noticing cultural, economic, culinary, and architectural differences from those of Northern Italy along the way. Walking through the outdoor mercato and popping into unbelievably decorated ancient churches were definitely highlights, along with a visit to the Catacombe die Cappuccini (not pictured here for a reason; I'll let you google search that one on your own) and multiple dishes of fresh seafood accompanied by several canoli. We took the train forty minutes east to the summer town of Cefalu on Sunday for the day before heading back to Roma early Monday morning. 

Enjoy!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment