Monday, June 2, 2014

Mission Beach Cafe


I'm a huge fan of brunch for a combination of two reasons. The first, and main, I'm never voluntarily up early enough to eat breakfast when everyone else does and it seems there's always a line in San Francisco, no matter what time you arrive. Secondly, I think you can get away with trying things at brunch that you might not care for at 9am. So when Kelsey asked to get brunch a few days ago at Mission Beach Cafe, I gladly accepted since neither of us had been before. We went for brunch, got in with no trouble (surprising right?!) and let's just say we had trouble deciding which of the mouthwatering options we wanted to try. I'm a supporter of all things truffle, but I was a bit hesitant having it with my eggs Benedict, but our server swore by it, so I went for it! 


I opted for the wild mushroom benedict with spinach, carmelized onions, truffle mornay sauce, and delicious crispy potatoes.


Kels went with the classic benedict with hollandaise, Canadian bacon, hot sauce, and crispy potatoes.


We split this glorious pancake with pistachio, vanilla creme, bourbon syrup, and fresh fruit.



Probably my 4th cup of coffee... bottomless is always a good idea.

Overall, great music, friendly servers, and delicious coffee. MBC is a spot I'd def venture back to, specifically for the lavender infused french toast with fresh fruit or the dungeness crab benedict with avocado...how is one supposed to choose?! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment