Saturday, June 14, 2014

my kind of town


hello to those who may be wondering if I've fallen off the face of the Earth. I have not, I've just been caught up in the mess of moving into our new apartment, starting a new job, seeing friends who I haven't seen in the past year, while still not having wifi set up in our place. It's been a bit of a mess, running around and settling in, but I'm sharing a few shots from the past chaotic week. 



Moving in was quite an awakening, realizing the amount of crap that is required when furnishing an apartment. Four people can consume a lot of junk.



While leaving home for the summer wasn't exactly an exciting thought, moving to Chicago is. To everyone who told me there's a festival every weekend and I doubted you: I was so completely wrong. Sorry about that because there literally is. I've spent one weekend here and have already gone to three festivals! Theres something for everyone...food, music, beer, etc. and my friends and I cannot wait to keep attending them throughout the summer. Plus I have a list of restaurants to try thats getting out of control. Safe to say I'm thrilled to be here for the summer, living with my best friends, and taking advantage of all that Chicago could possibly offer us. 


Getting to know our neighborhood the only way we know – trying all the local coffee & bakeshops and shopping local. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment