Wednesday, March 20, 2013

happy spring!

Happy first day of spring! If you're in Chicago, it still feels like January due to the deceiving sun shining brightly and greeting you on your way out the door but quickly being fighting against the wind to make it down the street (if you can't tell, I'm quite ready for some true spring weather). For those of you enjoying the first day of spring in warmer places, get out there and celebrate! Here are some photos of the gorgeous daffodils I bought the other day, reminding myself of my New Year's Resolution to buy fresh flowers on a regular basis.



Despite heaps of snow and ice on the ground still, I ventured out to the Conservatory of Flowers yesterday to get in the spirit of celebrating Spring (and to see how it measures up to San Francisco's Conservatory of Flowers). Anyplace where loads of flowers are in one space is already a winner in my book, not to mention Chicago's Conservatory is free and in one of the most beautiful parts of the city, Lincoln Park. I still think San Francisco's Conservatory is my pick out of the two since it has a larger collection, especially of orchids, and is in Golden Gate Park. But, Chicago's still had lots to look at and take it since I could have spent hours in there! 














We walked through the zoo after, also free, and took in some gorgeous views of the skyline






Regardless of my opinions of the SF Conservatory, the Lincoln Park Conservatory is a relaxing escape from the city for a quick walk through or a leisurely stroll with a good friend. It's safe to say that I have completely fallen in love with Chicago and cannot stop exploring all of the experiences this city has to offer. 

http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/parks/lincoln-park-conservatory/

How are you celebrating the start of Spring?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment