Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Uniform

Attending Catholic school from Kindergarden to Twelfth grade forced me to wear a heinous, strict, and boring uniform everyday. This consisted of a dark green, with yellow and red plaid skirt, a stiff awkward button down white shirt, an uncomfortable itchy navy sweater, and all white tennis shoes and socks...frightening I know. When "free dress" days rolled around for field trips in elementary school, we got the chance to wear khakis...that's almost worse than a plaid skirt in my book! Yikes! In High School, things got a bit better as my uniform skirt moved from a tacky plaid to just a plain grey skirt. We had much more freedom with shoe, top and sweater choices, which was greatly appreciated. On certain days, we paid 2$ for free dress in order to support fundraising efforts for events and charities. While the idea seems a bit absurd looking back on it now, I realized a lot on those free dress days. For some, it was the chance to wear sweats and roll out of bed; for others, they wore their best in an effort to impress everyone else. Whichever route you took, you were still making a statement about yourself. Nowadays in college, the same applies. Some people put a lot of effort in to their look while others could care less, especially in the morning. Don't get me wrong, of course there are cold winter days where I want to leave the house in sweats and Uggs, but I don't. Instead, my go to "uniform" tends to be a necklace of any sorts, skinny jeans, a military jacket (my collection refuses to stop growing) and boots. What's your "go to outfit"?







loving the back pocket detailing of this new piece!





Thrifted Jacket | Levis Top + Skinnies Roomate's Borrowed Steve Madden Boots | Forever 21 Necklace Rayban Sunnies Longchamp Bag | Accessorize Mittens

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment