Thursday, May 22, 2014

GIRLS


So I know I'm only about two years late to the party, but I recently just binge watched the first three seasons of Girls and am completely in love. It's so well done for so many reasons. The music, the casting (HELLO Chris O'Dowd, Kim Gordon, Jenna Lyons, Jorma Taccone to name a few), how current the references are, and the humor.  It addresses issues about relationships and more importantly, friendship with your girlfriends. The humor can be silly one moment then completely serious the next and manages to keep you hooked in thirty minutes of bliss. While it's easy to compare the concept of the show on a surface level to "younger" Sex and the City, it's really nothing similar (don't get me wrong, I adore SATC, but I have to defend Girls here). The girls are at a different stage in their lives, with a span in ages, exploring love, relationships, Manhattan & Brooklyn, and each other, not looking to settle down and get married while feeding incredibly expensive shoe and clothing obsessions. To those who say it's 'difficult' to watch, a) it's on HBO so get over the sex scenes and b) the situations they find themselves in tend to be relatable. I now see what all the talk is about and I cannot wait for more to come! Oh I should also mention my new found obsession with Jemima Kirke...forever envious that she got to marry Chris O'Dowd, even if it lasted for 10 minutes.




okay, sorry, that's over – back on track…



love this last shot of the GUYS! with Terry Richardson.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment