Wednesday, February 20, 2013

my kind of town

Chi, Chi town, Chi City, Windy City, whatever you fancy, I think we can all agree that Chicago is one of the best cities in the country. As a West Coast girl, I totally overlooked Chicago (and the Midwest as a whole) and thought the only cities that mattered were New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. Yet moving here for college has allowed me to explore one of the country's finest cities, filled with great food, art, sights, architecture, and people (and gorgeous sunsets, who knew!?). Say whatever you want about the politics, violence, or even the pizza debate (deep dish vs thin crust), Chicago is a beautiful world-class city. Here are some snaps from my past week downtown. 



Flamingo by Alexander Calder in Federal Plaza 




Jean Dubuffet Sculpture in front of the Thompson Building


Trump Tower 

 My inspiration for this post stems from a special outing last week when I re-fell in love with the city. I reminded myself to start looking up more after a surprise trip to the Sears Tower (Willis Tower) last Friday with my best friend Jaclyn and her dad. He was in town for the day and surprised us with tickets to the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere! As touristy and expensive as these types of activities can get, trust me, it's worth it.


I've been with my dad before, but the view from 103 floors up never gets old.

Especially as the sun is setting. The colors of clouds over the lake were spectacular. 



Killer views of the river got me excited for it to be dyed green in a few weeks! 


    hi! 

Jac just being a model and loving the architecture.


Our feet over the sky deck. Don't be afraid to do it and look down! 






eek! 

heyyyy photo bomb in the back



silhouette


purple skies

If you're only in Chicago for a day or two, even a few hours, I fully recommend visiting the Sky Deck. Like any other tourist attraction, it's better without massive crowds, but is certainly worth the time, lines, and lugging around your winter coat, or in my case, coat, gloves, hat, and scarf. Hope you enjoyed my photos and thoughts about this wonderful city I'm starting to feel comfortable calling home. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment