Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I Got It From My Mama

On Mother's Day I rode my bike into the square to pick up flowers for my mama from our favorite shop. Ken, my new favorite florist, and I put together some really interesting textures and colors, creating a unique stunner.




what do you think?!


For Mother's Day last year, we had brunch at Charlie Palmer's Dry Creek Kitchen.  It was so heavenly, we decided to make it a tradition and go again for Mother's Day this year.  Not only is the three course menu impressive, but the open view of the square with the magnificent Redwood trees is stunning. 



Hawaiian Ahi Crudo: Nicoise olive, warm potato bread, quail egg



Sonoma County greens: Boquerones, house made ricotta salata, baby radishes, and walnuts


King salmon: Morel mushrooms, fava beans, red + white quinoa pilaf with wild ramp relish 


Local goat cheese stuffed tortellini: English peas, pickled pearl onions, house cured prosciutto


Crab Eggs Benedict 


Flourless Chocolate Cake with Pistachio ice cream


Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Raspberry Sherbet




Strawberry Tart with Raspberry Sherbet



Happy Mother's Day mama, I love you so much. It shouldn't take one day out of the year to recognize and appreciate the amazing woman you are, all of the sacrifices you've made, and how you've completely shaped me.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment