Thursday, June 6, 2013

Zazie Part Deux

Since Zazie is conveniently around the corner from my house, I had dinner there again last night, for the second time this week. Normally I don't like repeating things...outfits, songs, or restaurants, but Zazie's seasonal summer menu is too good to pass up!  On Saturday, I had fresh fettuccine, which I completely recommend. Saturday's dinner + last night's meal solidified my claim that Zazie is one of my favorite restaurants in San Francisco. It's a perfect setting for a quick week night bite, or entertaining guests and family in town, like we did last night.


a selection of French cheeses + figs for four of us to share


Salade Louis Malle: Spinach, caramelized onions, feta (normally gorgonzola, but I'm not a huge fan), with balsamic vinaigrette 


the fettuccine I won't stop talking about


Grilled Niman Pork chop with minted couscous 


Lamb Tagine: slowly braised lamb w/ tomatoes, eggplant, turmeric, cumin, saffron, almonds, & couscous

I had grilled mascarpone polenta cakes with spinach and mushrooms in a spicy tomato-chevre sauce


This doesn't look as good as it tasted, but we all split Crumble aux Fruits: Fresh fruit crumble served warm w/ creme fraiche + a scoop of vanilla bean gelato

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment