Sunday, June 2, 2013

Zazie

Growing up in Cole Valley, I took for granted some of the neighborhood favorites, such as Zazie, which is now one of my favorite restaurants in the city. The French bistro, named after a 1960s French film called Zazie, is known for their delicious brunches, seen here, but dinner is never a let down. My dad and I went last evening for a delicious meal outside on the garden patio and had trouble narrowing down our choices on the menu since nearly every option looked amazing.


I started with Salade Betterave: arugula, red and gold beets, fennel, avocados, and white balsamic gorgonzola vinaigrette


we split Pate de Volaille before moving on to our entrees & noshed on the warm delicious bread rolls.


dear ol' dad had Truite de Camille: a broiled deboned trout with preserved lemon thyme butter, almonds, and greens


I had Pasta de Printemps: fresh fettuccine with almond basil pesto (ahhmazing!!), spring asparagus, and sheep's milk feta.


The burger and lemon ricotta raviolis are great, but I'm eager to try the grilled marscarpone polenta cakes, the mac and cheese, and the crispy duck leg. What is your favorite dish from Zazie?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment