Thursday, April 25, 2013

six snaps


hello spring!  


Chicago architecture continues to fascinate me. Look at that blue sky! Let's hope for some more of those clear days.


Perks of having a best friend/roommate who works at World Market: she comes home with endless goodies. The raspberry Singoalla cookies are heaven!


I celebrated Earth Day by taking a lovely walk along Lake Michigan with Jaclyn and picking up some trash along the path. Let's continue to celebrate the earth everyday, not solely on one single day where we spare the air or consume less. Reducing should be part of our daily efforts.


And of course after I discuss reducing and consuming less, my friend surprised me with coffee & a doughnut. I couldn't say no to her kind gesture, but it got me thinking, where does my trash go when I'm done with it? Is it actually getting recycled or ending up in a landfill? In caring for the environment, is recycling enough?


Upon reflecting on the recent events in Boston, I have been thinking about the amount of terrible things that happen in our world on a daily basis that we sometimes turn a blind eye to. The aim of this photo is not to make a political comment or target a race or ethnicity for the blame of this terror; rather, it is to suggest how in times of tragedy, we come together and recognize that we are all human beings who need one another. Let's not forget about Boston in a few weeks and move on to the next "story", as we have a tendency to do so when tragedy occurs (think of Sandy Hook, Aurora, Hurricane Sandy...or even Hurricane Katrina! There are still people suffering and recovering from these life changing events). 

I normally try to keep these six photos light and aim for them to serve as reminders for the little things in life that we take advantage of, so the heavy content is only temporary. I've just recently been reflecting upon my actions as an individual in my local community, as well as my role as a member of a global community. 

I'd love to hear some feedback on this. 
Enjoy the rest of your week!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment