Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Mr. Buckley's




As one of our last meals together in London, Kels, Regan, and I ventured out to Mr. Buckely's for brunch on Hackeny Road. I'd heard they do a killer brunch and thought we should try it out before we left, so I made a reservation for 3 at 11:45. We had the restaurant to ourselves…literally, the place was empty.




Rather than being discouraged, we couldn't stop laughing until it got around time to order.



Kels and I opted for two "Bloody Madisons", a take on the traditional Bloody Mary, but with bacon infused bourbon. I didn't love it as much as I thought I would, but still wanted to give it a shot.



Regan decided to try the crepes with smoked bacon, salted caramel & walnuts.




I tried the French toast with berries & crème fraîche


And Kels went for more of a classic breakfast: two perfectly poached eggs on a bed of zucchini with bacon & avocado.


Since the food was delicious, we concluded the empty house was due to the fact that we were there on a Friday morning, when most folks are at work. I'd love to see how busy this place must be on a Saturday on Sunday morning with loads of hungover peeps pouring in for some good eats.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment