Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pizza East, Portobello



After shopping Portobello Road yesterday, Kels and I found ourselves at the end of the road, hungry, and in front of Pizza East. If you don't know this about me already, I have an extreme obsession with pizza. I've heard nothing but praise for Pizza East in Shoreditch, but didn't realize they have a location on Portobello Road, so I was having a minor epiphany when we were standing under their blue awnings. 



(I realize this may seem a bit odd that I took a photo of their bathroom, but a. it's stunning and b. I have a rule about restaurants and their bathrooms: you can tell everything about a restaurant and how it's run from a trip to their restroom)





We started with the best bone marrow bruschetta I've ever tasted. We'd both go back solely for that. 


Was too tempted to order another to start us off, but reminded myself I had an entire pizza with my name on it coming my way.



I went with burrata, cime di rapa, olives, and chilli because anything with burrata on it is bound to be delicious.



Kels decided to try the pancetta, cream, egg, and parmesan pizza.





I love that their initials are PE because when I hear those two letters paired together, I think of middle school gym classes and exercise…no thank you. Clearly, this form of exerting energy is much more preferred.



As if it couldn't get any better, they serve ice cream cones for dessert.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment