Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving in Scotland


Kels and I had the pleasure of hosting one of our dearest friends, Brigid, this past week who flew in from Chicago to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with us. She stayed with us in London and on Thursday, the three of us flew to Edinburgh on Thanksgiving; Brig had been before and raved about it, so we figured why not try it out! Although it didn't feel like Thanksgiving, it was still nice to spend the time with two lovely ladies who I am most definitely thankful for.









Met the coolest owls…I'd never seen an owl actually turn it's head completely around! So mind bottling  (name the movie...)


Edinburgh Castle 





How cute are they!




I guess haggis is an okay substitute for turkey, stuffing, and gravy?


yes thats a Missoni kilt...


For any Harry Potter fans out there (I'm not included in this since I've never read one of the books nor seen the movies), this is the cafe J.K. Rowling started writing the first Harry Potter book.



Scottish beer & cake





Pulled pork sandwiches from Oink!



We headed over to the Christmas market and fell in love with the city even more.









I thoroughly enjoyed Edinburgh and really hope I get the chance to return to Scotland for a longer amount of time. I really want to climb Arthur's Seat, check out the National Monument of Scotland, and visit outside the city– somewhere like the Higlands. Anyways, I'm sufficiently happy with what we saw and would completely recommend visiting Edinburgh!

xx
.


No comments:

Post a Comment